Full-time United Way of East Central Iowa positions currently available:
- none available at this time
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Defined Contribution Plan
- Ten paid Holidays per year
- Vacation Time
- Sick Leave Time
- Personal Days
- Funeral Leave
- Payroll Direct Deposit
- Free Parking
- Business Casual Attire
- Pleasant Work Environment
- Employee Appreciation Events
Part-time/Seasonal United Way of East Central Iowa positions currently available:
- Four Open Summer Positions- Youth Achievement AmeriCorps Program. The Youth Achievement AmeriCorps program is looking for some additional summer only members to support our summer program initiatives. These positions will serve with Kids On Course and Jane Boyd Community House. Members will serve 300 hours (approximately 30 hours/week) for 10 weeks over the summer. Dates of service: June 8, 2015 – Approximately August 14, 2015 (Approx. 30 hours/wk). Click here for a full position description.
- Assist in facilitating summer programming. Where possible, AmeriCorps members are encouraged to use their unique skills to develop extra-curricular programming (e.g., photography, art or creative writing, etc.)
- Assist in classrooms helping instructors with academic and enrichment lessons
- Facilitate and lead small groups of students in academic and enrichment activities
- Provide 1:1 support to students through tutoring and mentoring
- Help to plan and prepare enrichment activities and programming
- This position has recurring access to vulnerable populations and requires a 3-part background check.
- 18 years of age
- GED/High School Diploma
- College degree preferred but not required
- Bilingual in Spanish preferred but not required
AmeriCorps Benefits include:
- Living allowance of $2400 total over 10 weeks of service (300 hours minimum) paid bi-weekly
- Education award of $1,195
- Initial Orientation/Monthly trainings & service projects
- Great experience in a field that interests you
- Eligible for deferred federal loan payments
To read more about the position and apply click here! If you have any questions please contact Kelli Holubeck at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your interest in working for United Way of East Central Iowa.
At United Way of East Central Iowa, our mission is to “Unite the caring power of communities to invest in effective solutions to improve people’s lives.” Employees in our organization work with donors, volunteers, directors, corporate partners and other non-profit organizations to bring our mission to life.
United Way of East Central Iowa is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, religious beliefs, age, disability, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by federal, state and local fair employment practice laws.