Full-time United Way of East Central Iowa positions currently available:
- none at this time.
To apply, send resume and cover letter to Human.Resources@uweci.org and put the job title in the subject line of your email.
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Defined Contribution Plan
- Ten paid Holidays per year
- Vacation Time
- Sick Leave Time
- Personal Days
- Funeral Leave
- Payroll Direct Deposit
- Free Parking
- Business Casual Attire
- Pleasant Work Environment
- Employee Appreciation Events
Full-Time Youth Achievement AmeriCorps positions currently available:
Open Full-Time Positions– Youth Achievement AmeriCorps Program (Open enrollment until November 30th)
The Youth Achievement AmeriCorps program is a team of 15 AmeriCorps members who serve in local schools, enrichment programs and early literacy programs to help young children close the achievement gap in the Cedar Rapids Community. Members serve full time, 1700 hours (approximately 35-40 hours a week), over the course of a year at their respective sites.
• Elementary School Tutor Positions (Cedar Rapids, IA): We have six open positions tutor students at local Cedar Rapids elementary schools. Focused on K-3 literacy skills, these tutors provide one on one and small group support to students needing extra help to achieve their reading goals. These positions are located in the following elementary schools: Grant, Grant Wood, Harrison, Johnson and Van Buren. To learn more about this position and apply click here!
AmeriCorps Benefits include:
Modest living allowance ($12,530 pre-tax annually—paid bi-weekly);
Education award of up to $5,730;
Student loan deferment for qualified student loans
18 years of age
GED/High School Diploma
College degree preferred but not required
Bilingual in Spanish preferred but not required
U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident alien
Thank you for your interest in working for United Way of East Central Iowa.
At United Way of East Central Iowa, our mission is to “Unite the caring power of communities to invest in effective solutions to improve people’s lives.” Employees in our organization work with donors, volunteers, directors, corporate partners and other non-profit organizations to bring our mission to life.
United Way of East Central Iowa is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, religious beliefs, age, disability, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by federal, state and local fair employment practice laws.