Full-time United Way of East Central Iowa positions currently available:
- None available at this time.
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Defined Contribution Plan
- Ten paid Holidays per year
- Vacation Time
- Sick Leave Time
- Personal Days
- Funeral Leave
- Payroll Direct Deposit
- Free Parking
- Business Casual Attire
- Pleasant Work Environment
- Employee Appreciation Events
Full-Time Youth Achievement AmeriCorps positions currently available:
Fourteen Open Full-Time Positions- Youth Achievement AmeriCorps Program
The Youth Achievement AmeriCorps program is a team of 15 hardworking and dedicated AmeriCorps members who serve in schools, enrichment programs and early literacy programs to help close the achievement gap in the Cedar Rapids Community. Members serve 1700 hours (approximately 35-40 hours a week) at their respective sites over the course of a year. These are full-time AmeriCorps Positions. (August 17, 2015- August 16, 2015)
• Elementary School Tutor Positions (Cedar Rapids, IA): We have seven open positions and are looking for qualified individuals to tutor students at local Cedar Rapids elementary schools. These schools include: Grant, Grant Wood, Harrison, Johnson and Van Buren. Intervention is focused on K-3 literacy skills. To learn more about this position and apply click here!
• Enrichment Assistant Positions (Cedar Rapids, IA): We have three open positions and are looking for qualified individuals to assist with the enrichment program Kids on Course at three Cedar Rapids elementary schools (Grant, Harrison and Van Buren). To learn more about this position and apply click here!
• Middle School Tutor Positions (Cedar Rapids, IA): We have two open positions and are looking for qualified individuals to tutor students in math at McKinley Middle School. To read more about the position and apply click here! To learn more about this position and apply click here!
• Early Literacy Assistant Positions (Cedar Rapids, IA): We have two open positions and are looking for qualified individuals who would like to empower families and give back to the Cedar Rapids community through their service in a program called RED Ahead in a clinic based setting. RED Ahead assists parents and children by offering free early literacy instruction sessions for parents, distributing books and learning materials and increasing community outreach about early language development. To learn more about this position and apply click here!
AmeriCorps Benefits include:
Modest living allowance ($12,530 pre-tax annually—paid bi-weekly);
Education award of up to $5,730;
Student loan deferment for qualified student loans
18 years of age
GED/High School Diploma
College degree preferred but not required
Bilingual in Spanish preferred but not required
U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident alien
Summer Only Youth Achievement AmeriCorps positions currently available:
The Youth Achievement AmeriCorps program is looking for some additional summer only members to support our summer program initiatives. These positions will serve with Kids On Course and Jane Boyd Community House. Members will serve 300 hours (approximately 30 hours/week) for 10 weeks over the summer. Dates of service: June 8, 2015 – Approximately August 14, 2015 (Approx. 30 hours/wk). Click here for a full position description.
• Assist in facilitating summer programming. Where possible, AmeriCorps members are encouraged to use their unique skills to develop extra-curricular programming (e.g., photography, art or creative writing, etc.)
• Assist in classrooms helping instructors with academic and enrichment lessons
• Facilitate and lead small groups of students in academic and enrichment activities
• Provide 1:1 support to students through tutoring and mentoring
• Help to plan and prepare enrichment activities and programming
• This position has recurring access to vulnerable populations and requires a 3-part background check.
• 18 years of age
• GED/High School Diploma
• College degree preferred but not required
• Bilingual in Spanish preferred but not required
AmeriCorps Benefits include:
• Living allowance of $2400 total over 10 weeks of service (300 hours minimum) paid bi-weekly
• Education award of $1,195
• Initial Orientation/Monthly trainings & service projects
• Great experience in a field that interests you
• Eligible for deferred federal loan payments
To read more about the position and apply click here!
If you have any questions about either full-time or summer positions with Youth Achievement AmeriCorps, please contact Doug Griesenauer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your interest in working for United Way of East Central Iowa.
At United Way of East Central Iowa, our mission is to “Unite the caring power of communities to invest in effective solutions to improve people’s lives.” Employees in our organization work with donors, volunteers, directors, corporate partners and other non-profit organizations to bring our mission to life.
United Way of East Central Iowa is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, religious beliefs, age, disability, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by federal, state and local fair employment practice laws.