Thank you for your interest in working for United Way of East Central Iowa.
At United Way of East Central Iowa, our mission is to “Unite the caring power of communities to invest in effective solutions to improve people’s lives.” Employees in our organization work with donors, volunteers, directors, corporate partners and other non-profit organizations to bring our mission to life.
United Way of East Central Iowa is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, religious beliefs, age, disability, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by federal, state and local fair employment practice laws.
Youth Achievement AmeriCorps positions available!
If you would like to learn more about the Youth Achievement AmeriCorps program please click here. Click on available positions below for more in-depth descriptions:
Full-time United Way of East Central Iowa positions currently available.
There are none available at this time.
Seasonal United Way of East Central Iowa positions currently available.
VITA Program Coordinator
United Way of Central Iowa is seeking a Program Coordinator (seasonal, contracted status) to plan and implement the Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program.
The VITA program offers free tax preparation to low- to moderate-income individuals. The program is coordinated through a partnership between ISED Ventures and United Way of East Central Iowa. Three VITA sites will be set up throughout greater Cedar Rapids. All tax returns are prepared for free by certified volunteer tax preparers. Each site is supervised by certified site coordinators and visited by IRS personnel.
Planning and implementing the VITA Program will include the following contractual requirements:
- Identify, recruit, prepare, and oversee 5-9 volunteer site coordinators
- Identify, and recruit 40+ volunteer Income Tax Preparers
- Develop efficient, effective and consistent operational procedures for all sites, per IRS regulations and in partnership with other program partners
- Assist in the development and implementation of a marketing and outreach strategy for VITA
- Complete IRS certification to the advanced level
- Work closely with the UWECI Volunteer Engagement Manager to help with volunteer recruitment, training, placement, supervision and recognition
- Ensure VITA sites have appropriate equipment, materials and set-up needed to welcome and serve filers
- Serve as back-up site coordinator for sites as needed
- Do weekly submission of prepared tax returns
- Evaluate success of the VITA program and provide plan for the next tax preparation season
The contract will run October 2014 through May 15, 2015. The Program Coordinator is an independent contractor status and will be paid an hourly contract amount of $22.00 during the October-May time frame. An estimated number of hours per week is Thirty.
Requirements include: Gain or have experience using TaxWise to prepare taxes and managing a VITA program; project management ability; work independently and in collaboration with key stakeholders and partners; strong computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office applications including Word and Excel; well-organized and detail-oriented; able to work well with people across various socio-economic backgrounds and teams of volunteers.
For more information about this opportunity, contact:
Manager, Community Building
319.398.5372 Ext. 825
United Way of East Central Iowa Benefits
We offer a comprehensive benefit package along with competitive pay:
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Defined Contribution Plan
- Ten paid Holidays per year
- Vacation Time
- Sick Leave Time
- Personal Days
- Funeral Leave
- Payroll Direct Deposit
- Free Parking
- Business Casual Attire
- Pleasant Work Environment
- Employee Appreciation Events