The 2015 Outstanding Volunteer Awards event provides an opportunity to appreciate and recognize volunteers in the community. These volunteers are awarded in five categories: Youth, Adult, Senior, Business, and Group. Nominations are now closed and the United Way William B. Quarton Society committee narrowed down the 52 nominations to three finalists in each category. Voting is open to the public from March 16-April 9 and the winners will be announced at our event on Thursday, April 23rd.
Outstanding Youth Finalists
- Carson Whitford – Camp Courageous
- Kiersten Larsen – Cedar Rapids Parks & Recreation Special Olympics
- Lauren Wibe – Cedar Rapids Public Library
Outstanding Adult Finalists
- Joe Kell – Fairfax Youth Sports Association (FYSA)
- Molly Gansen – Families Helping Families
- Tawnya Gardener – His Hands Free Medical Clinic
Outstanding Senior Finalists
- Chris Montross – St. Luke’s Pet Pals Program
- John Wauer – Rockwell Collins Retiree Volunteer
- Peter Bischoff – Aging Services/Witwer
Outstanding Business Finalists
- Alliant Energy – Multiple nonprofits
- Bankers Trust – Horizons
- Van Meter – Multiple nonprofits
Outstanding Group Finalists
- Cedar Rapids Roller Girls – Catherine McAuley Center
- Grant & Trudy Carpenter – His Hand Free Medical Clinic
- SHIIP Volunteers – UnityPoint Health-St. Luke’s
Winners in each category will receive $500 to donate to a nonprofit of their choice and will be announced at our Volunteer Recognition Breakfast held on April 23, 2015. Want to attend the event!? Click here to register!
Thursday, April 23 at 7:30 am.
Hotel at Kirkwood
7725 Kirkwood Boulevard SW
Cedar Rapids, IA 52404
Registration is now closed if you have any questions, please contact email@example.com or 319-398-5372 ex. 834
Guidelines for volunteer nominations:
- The nominee’s volunteer service must have been performed in UWECI service area (Benton, Jones, Linn, Iowa, Cedar or Washington Counties).
- You may nominate only ONE outstanding volunteer or group per category. You may not enter the same volunteer or group in additional categories.
- You may submit nominations for each of the five categories. One form must be completed for each category.
- Nominee’s volunteer organization must be a nonprofit 501 (c) (3) and serve the community at large. Religious or professional groups providing services only to their members are not eligible.
- Volunteer service must be acts for which the nominee did not receive financial compensation. Reimbursement for out-of-pocket expenses such as gasoline is acceptable.
- Submitted materials cannot be returned, and through submission you are giving permission for their future use in promotions or editorials.