The 2015 Outstanding Volunteer Awards event provides an opportunity to appreciate and recognize volunteers in the community. These volunteers are awarded in five categories:
Nominations are now closed. The United Way William B. Quarton Society committee will now determine the top three finalists in each category and the winners will be selected by public vote on United Way’s website. Come back on March 16th to vote for your favorite volunteer! Winners will be announced at our event on Thursday, April 23rd
Last year, we had over 40 nominations and over 7,200 votes! As part of the award, each finalist receives $500 donation from United Way to donate to a nonprofit of their choice. Come back on March 16th to vote for your favorite volunteer!Winners will be announced at our event on Thursday, April 23rd
Thursday, April 23 at 7:30 am.
Hotel at Kirkwood
7725 Kirkwood Boulevard SW
Cedar Rapids, IA 52404
Registration and payment are required to reserve your seat.
Registration will be open until Friday, April 17.
Cost is $12 per person and $120 for a table of 10.
Questions? Contact email@example.com or 319-398-5372 ex. 834
Guidelines for volunteer nominations:
- The nominee’s volunteer service must have been performed in UWECI service area (Benton, Jones, Linn, Iowa, Cedar or Washington Counties).
- You may nominate only ONE outstanding volunteer or group per category. You may not enter the same volunteer or group in additional categories.
- You may submit nominations for each of the five categories. One form must be completed for each category.
- Nominee’s volunteer organization must be a nonprofit 501 (c) (3) and serve the community at large. Religious or professional groups providing services only to their members are not eligible.
- Volunteer service must be acts for which the nominee did not receive financial compensation. Reimbursement for out-of-pocket expenses such as gasoline is acceptable.
- Submitted materials cannot be returned, and through submission you are giving permission for their future use in promotions or editorials.