2015 Day of Caring sign up information
- Click here if you are a company looking for volunteer opportunities.
- Click here if you are a nonprofit submitting a project.
What is Day of Caring?
Days of Caring 2015 is on May 14-15. Day of Caring is the largest organized one-day volunteering event in the Cedar Rapids area. For the past few years volunteers have come from over 50 area businesses and have volunteered at over 40 non-profits in the community. On May 8 & 9, 2014, more than 1,200 individuals wearing blue Day of Caring T-shirts went out into the community to donate their time and skills. Because of their efforts, staff time was freed up to work directly with the clients they serve on a regular basis. Thanks for all your hard work! Last year, 52 companies participated in Day of Caring, click here to see the full list.
2014 service projects overview:
- Build five accessibility ramps, giving seniors more independence.
- Prepare camps to welcome children for summer programs.
- Plant seeds to produce fresh food for low-income families in 14 community gardens
- Help more than 3,100 students sign up for summer reading programs through the local library to help retain reading skills
- Paint and rehab homes
- Sort and box food, resulting in providing 17,215 meals to hungry families and veterans in the community
- Pick up litter throughout the community
- Build a playground, giving kids in the community a safe place to play
- Building repair and beautification for nonprofits to improve the space where clients are served
- Cleaned and organized community food pantries, freeing up time for staff and volunteers to focus on delivering the food to those in need