Join us for the Annual RSVP Volunteer Appreciation Breakfast, sponsored by Hills Bank & Trust Company, on Tuesday, May 20th at 9:00 a.m.
By investing your time in the Retired and Senior Volunteer Program (RSVP) – a 55+ initiative of United Way – you are a key contributor in solving problems in our community. Your life experience, knowledge and skills are valuable in making a difference to others.
Below are opportunities in Linn and Jones counties broken down by interest areas. For more information contact Kayla Paulson at 319-398-5372 ext. 37 or email@example.com
- Help seniors navigate Medicare supplemental drug and health plans through SHIIP (Senior Health Insurance Information Program).
- Free mobility impaired seniors from being prisoners in their home by building ramps through WRAP (Wheelchair Ramp Accessibility Program) Coalition.
- Provide warm meals and a friendly face to homebound seniors through meal delivery programs.
- Drive seniors to necessary medical appointments by providing non-emergency medical transportation.
- Visit with homebound seniors to improve their quality of life.
- Educate seniors and low income families about SNAP (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program).
- Distribute food at local food pantries.
- Tutor and mentor adults that are working towards a GED.
- Teach someone English as a second language.
- Provide tax assistance to seniors and low income families through 211’s Tax Assistance Program.
- Restore and build affordable housing through Habitat for Humanity.
- Rebuild computers at REACT (Rockwell Educational Access for Computer Technology) that are distributed to schools & nonprofits working with children.
- Provide one-on-one mentoring with children in reading and math.
- Write pen pal letters to children to help with reading and writing through Kid’s on Course’s Pen Pal Program.
Community Support of Non-profits
- Learn how to help staff the Emergency Volunteer Center in the event of another disaster.
- Provide support to many non-profits in our community through a variety of roles from being on the Board of Directors to clerical work.
RSVP: 55+ Initiative Volunteers are encourage to utilize their talents, skills, and passions to make a difference in our community by investing an hour at a time.