In 2014, VITA volunteers prepared 1,100 returns and returned $2.4 million back into our community. Great volunteers are the key to our success. To join this year’s efforts and help make a difference in our community, please fill out the form below.
Click the video below to learn more on VITA eligibility
Click here to learn about volunteering with VITA.
Available Volunteer Positions:
- Volunteer Tax Preparers help individuals and families prepare their tax returns and ensure all eligible taxpayers receive their qualifying tax credits. Multilingual tax preparers are also needed.
- Volunteer Greeters welcome VITA participants to the site and ensure that they are prepared with all required documentation to meet with the tax preparer.
- Volunteer Site Coordinators manage the operations of the United Way VITA site, including volunteer staff and quality control.
Tax Preparer Training:
Volunteer tax preparers are required to complete IRS tax certification at the Basic level. United Way has a training model that provides a supportive learning environment where you will excel.
As a VITA volunteer, you will receive:
- Professional tax and software training
- Flexible volunteer hours — daytime, evenings or weekends
- The satisfaction of helping others in our community
Benefits of Volunteering:
- As a VITA volunteer, you will have a direct impact on families keeping their hard-earned money through the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC). This money will help families pay bills and put food on the table.
- Gain valuable and marketable skills
- This is a great opportunity to make new friends and meet other people in our community who are dedicated to helping others.
If your company or service group has an interest in leading and adopting a site throughout the VITA season please contact Sue Driscoll, email@example.com
Volunteers will be asked to commit two to six hours a week during the 2015 tax season. Commitment varies at each site.