United Way of East Central Iowa has been selected as a Service Enterprise national pilot site. The goal in participating in this pilot is to strengthen the capacity of local nonprofits to more effectively address community needs by transforming the way they engage volunteers.
Increase your organization’s bottom line and impact by effectively engaging volunteers. United Way selected six local nonprofit agencies to participate in the pilot with us. Organizations who participate in this pilot will have access to:
- A thorough assessment of existing organizational volunteer engagement practices.
- Up to 16 hours of training to assist in re-tooling the roles and ways in which the organization engages volunteers.
- Individualized consulting to address unique organizational opportunities and challenges.
- Certification that signifies the organization’s commitment to appropriately leverage the time and talent of volunteer to meet the social mission of the organization.
United Way Announces Pilot Sites
UWECI would like to thank everyone who applied to participate in the Service Enterprise pilot. There was a great pool of applicants and it was a difficult decision. Congratulations to the agencies that were accepted into the pilot and we look forward to working with these agencies as we all work to become a Service Enterprise.
- Aging Services
- Catherine McAuley Center
- Cedar Rapids Public Library
- Cedar Valley Habitat for Humanity
- Hawkeye Area Community Action Program, Inc. (HACAP)
- Horizons: A Family Service Alliance
Pilot site requirements
- Provide leadership support (executive director, board member and volunteer coordinator).
- Take the SED (Service Enterprise Diagnostic) assessment.
- Leadership will attend all training and consulting meetings.
- Provide necessary information for reporting.
- Complete the work needed to gain certification as a Service Enterprise.
- Contribute $200, a portion of the cost for training, consulting and materials to participate in the Service Enterprise pilot.
- Participate in six-month evaluation.
The application period is now closed.
United Way of East Central Iowa Was Selected for a National Pilot Program
Service Enterprise is an organization that leverages volunteers and their skills across all leadership levels, and in all departments to successfully deliver the mission of an organization. Service Enterprises are high performing organizations that have volunteers integrated into the strategic plan and organizational infrastructure.
Service Enterprise is not volunteer management training but a whole organization realignment. By achieving this level of excellence, organizations will be uniquely positioned to better utilize the time and talent of volunteers, expand program operations and generate greater operational effectiveness.
Characteristics of a Service Enterprise