The United Way of East Central Iowa held YPQA trainings through the first half of 2013. These sessions were offered to give youth agencies an opportunity to learn more effective and meaningful ways to improve their programs.
There were six sessions offered covering different topics. All sessions were offered at $10 per person. The United Way of East Central Iowa and Linn County DECAT partially funded the programs to ensure a minimal cost for participants. This training was open for all members of the community, not just United Way community partners. The topics and dates for these 2013 trainings are listed below:
- Active Participatory Approach – Tuesday, Januray 29, 2013
- Structure and Clear Limits – Tuesday, February 19, 2013
- Ask-Listen-Encourage – Tuesday, March 26, 2013
- Reframing Conflict – Tuesday, April 23, 2013
- Building Community – Tuesday, May 14, 2013
- Youth Voice – Tuesday, June 25, 2013
To learn more about each topic, please click here. The United Way plans to offer more training opportunities in the future in an effort to better serve our community.